Help ID Pistol Shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter martin.a
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

martin.a

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2026
Messages
189
Reaction score
179
Location
Canberra
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you help ID this pistol? (The one in front of that YWG 😜)

image0.jpeg

(photo credit goes to the owner of that fish shop)

To me it looks like Alpheus bellulus, but I am 'oceans away' from being an expert in shrimp taxonomy. I must admit that I am a bit surprised by the size of shrimp when compared to the goby. Maybe this is an adult shrimp and a juvenile goby?

TL;DR: I am 'hunting' for YWG + A.bellulus, and this pair is currently on the market. These pairs are rare (and rather expensive) in Australia, so I am both excited and nervous.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new