help id this monti and acro

  • Thread starter Thread starter doughboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

doughboy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2010
Messages
563
Reaction score
303
Location
Norcal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
encrusting monti with green base and orange polyps
052ebc13e8a7aca6f61ede4480fee746.jpg


and this acro
464203c42c3caa4b265e22c36a14d368.jpg


thanks!
 
I can see how the scale of the picture can make it look like a cyphastrea. the two frags are on a 1 1/4" frag plug.
 
Can you get the polyps to retract so the base of the coral is shown for the first pic?
 
If the first one is not a cyphastrea it'll be a reverse sunset monti.
 
+1 on reverse sunset monti, and probably a little too early to pin point a species on the acro.
 
thanks for the id. that sounds right for it to be reverse sunset. I previously googled sunset and superman and the pictures did not look like what I got. but reverse sunset search image results looks exactly like it. this survived a tank crash a while back. all sps got wiped out and this just started growing on a rock months later. I scraped what I can off the rock and mounted on frag plug. I would have just called it phoenix if it cannot be ID'ed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new