Help id

BigRedSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was told this was a hammer coral but idk it doesnt open up like one. But its a cool color sorry for the poor quality

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the angle and a few flat appearing tentacles, it does appear to be a Hammer of some sort, but I can't make it out entirely. I notice a couple of tentacles that have the hammer shape, they appear in the back right part of the pic.

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The color will change in time with good lighting. It seems to be bleached a little.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it doesnt change

It is bleached. Granted sometimes they get that neon black light glow which is cool looking. It needs to color up it is probably a neon green. But without proper color it would just slowly perish. Keep it in a lower light level increasing to medium, when colors look more natural. Also feed it since the zooxanthellae has been comprised. It is not doing its part to nourish coral.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The feeding it is to help it grow and stay alive since it is bleached it is not getting the photosynthesis it would normally get. Lighting and time will help the coral get back its normal coloring

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back