Help identify new frags and their care please.

Mariners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
New to this forum. Just purchased some new frags from Aqua SD and I wanted help identifying them and their care (placement and flow in a JBJ 28 Gallon 29 watt LEDs. Names on zoas and palys are always changing or getting more creative--difficult to google their care. So if you can give me the names that are normally used for these frags.

1) Rainbow Sakuras:
ASDRainbowSakuras-42_zps78a8c869.jpg

2) Agaves:
ASDAgaves-38_zps31c944f2.jpg

3) Supernovas:
ASDSupernovas-22_zps6fcf4d3e.jpg

4) Pink Hippos:
PinkHippos-20perpolyp_zps6263ce78.jpg

Arubix

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All those amazing corals you have there fall under the classification of soft coral or softies. THey are all part of the Zoantharia or Palythoa order for scientific names.

As far as care, they are really easy and most are considered beginner corals. You can pretty much put them any where in your tank but in my opinion, I would keep them in low light if you want that color to stay. No guarantee that the color might not change under your light but it should come back nonetheless.

You don't need to feed them or anything but you can supplement them with zoanthus food which you can get at your LFS or you can dose coral supplements to your water. Regardless, they will do perfectly fine without food.

Good luck and enjoy your new beauties. Nice pics btw!

Arubix

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All those amazing corals you have there fall under the classification of soft coral or softies. THey are all part of the Zoantharia or Palythoa order for scientific names.

As far as care, they are really easy and most are considered beginner corals. You can pretty much put them any where in your tank but in my opinion, I would keep them in low light if you want that color to stay. No guarantee that the color might not change under your light but it should come back nonetheless.

You don't need to feed them or anything but you can supplement them with zoanthus food which you can get at your LFS or you can dose coral supplements to your water. Regardless, they will do perfectly fine without food.

Good luck and enjoy your new beauties. Nice pics btw!

OP
OP
Mariners

Mariners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks on the info. I have a few that prefer high lights like the dragon eyes, bam bams, fire and ice zoas. Then I have zoas or palys that prefer lower light like my purple death, and blue tubbs. The agaves I purchased seem to prefer higher light from what I read. I guess I'll go from low to higher to see their preferences. Thanks again for the feedback. Btw pictures were taken from the live sale aquasd had this weekend.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 51 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.5%
Back