Help Identify this saltwater aquarium substrate.

Obsessed79

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2013
Messages
42
Reaction score
1
Location
Ames,IA 50010
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a bucket of this used substrate and need help identifying it. Please and thank you?
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 233
might be a little large for a reef tank people usually stay away from crushed coral since its very hard to keep clean and builds up detritus. Also if you plan on keeping any wrasses that burry in the sand they will scratch themselves on the crushed coral.
 
So if I were to go with live sand what brand,granular size,and bed depth do you recomended ?


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new