Help identifying some stuff

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aidan_823
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aidan_823

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2023
Messages
43
Reaction score
8
Location
Westfall
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just came back from reefapalooza NY but I’m trying to figure out some of the coral names

I only put the torch because I wanted to know what kind it was, same with the zoas

Everything else, I don’t know what they are besides maybe a monti lol

Thank you!

IMG_2529.jpeg IMG_2528.jpeg IMG_2530.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
1 and 3 are cyphastrea. 4,5 and 6 are zoanthids. @Zoanthids has an excellent identification site.
7 is a torch and 8 looks like a psammocora
 
Would need clearer photos to tell more accurately but I'll try my best.
  1. cf Cyphastrea
  2. cf Psammocora
  3. left to right: Mycedium cf elephantotus, either Hydnophora or Echinopora lamellosa, either Psammocora or Leptoseris
  4. Zoanthus cf sansibaricus; would need to see colony open
  5. Zoanthus cf vietnamensis
  6. Zoanthus sansibaricus
  7. Euphyllia glabrescens
  8. Pavona cf duerdeni
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new