Help identifying what is growing on my filter intake.

JamesHar07

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Derby
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

I’m fairly new to the reef hobby, I’ve been running my Aqua Marin 1200 for about a year now. There’s a red almost solid growth around the filter intake. I have attached photos, please can someone help me identify what it is?

Sorry about the photo quality, my light is confusing my camera!

Thanks James

20250216_135630.JPG 20250216_135636.JPG 20250216_135645.JPG
 
3rd Coralline algae. Its what gives the reef rocks that reef rocks looks. It does seem to really like plastic more though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new