help Iding pls

jaws222

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey the tank is mostly empty of intentional critters bar a few snails and a tube worm while i wait for the stock i want and spotted some stuff earlier. figured id get them properly checked out on here before anything important goes in

20231025_201319.jpg

little worm thing. back half is brown and coiled on the live rock. top half is pinky transleucent. has 2 tentacle things on their heads and i think i saw one release some sort of slime line into the water from what i assume is its mouth.

20231025_201952.jpg

Small and milky. long sort of tail attached to the glass with feathery tips. a fair amount on the glass.

Also spotted an almost transparent little thing that looked like a tiny tiny clear squid. entirely clear except for white spots, one at the centre of the "body" and one each at the end of the "arms" that was moving around. unfortunately the phone is old so didnt focus in time to take a pic

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
hey the tank is mostly empty of intentional critters bar a few snails and a tube worm while i wait for the stock i want and spotted some stuff earlier. figured id get them properly checked out on here before anything important goes in

20231025_201319.jpg

little worm thing. back half is brown and coiled on the live rock. top half is pinky transleucent. has 2 tentacle things on their heads and i think i saw one release some sort of slime line into the water from what i assume is its mouth.

20231025_201952.jpg

Small and milky. long sort of tail attached to the glass with feathery tips. a fair amount on the glass.

Also spotted an almost transparent little thing that looked like a tiny tiny clear squid. entirely clear except for white spots, one at the centre of the "body" and one each at the end of the "arms" that was moving around. unfortunately the phone is old so didnt focus in time to take a pic
These are hydroids and best shaved off and netted up or place rock in container of tank water and scrub off

OP
OP
J

jaws222

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are hydroids and best shaved off and netted up or place rock in container of tank water and scrub off
cool will make time for that tomorrow. ive seen them mentioned on here fairly often, but i dont think i know what they do to have a negative impact on the tank. what is it they do exactly?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back