Tiny Flat worms in my glass

InvictusReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey so this morning I went up to check on my frag tank and noticed a bunch of little spots on the glass so I investigated further and see these teeny tiny little flat worms. They appear to be whitish in color and kinda have a V at the back end. The tank that I see them and really only has Zoa and a couple of Favia frags in it. Does anybody know how I can get these out of my tank? I’ve never had to deal with them yet.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had what "sounds" the same at one point.
The consensus on the ones I had was that they eat copepods and algae and that seems to fit what I observed.
Mine looked white or slightly translucent in real life but showed color (from whatever they were consuming I think) under a microscope.
I had a lot on the glass for a long time (at least a year) but they just seemed to go away over time and never bothered any of my corals. *not the answer you're looking for, I'm sure

Pictures and videos with input from others is here if interested:
Flatworm Suggestions

Tavero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something like these?
IMG_20240224_164301.jpg

Size is around 1mm or smaller. They also eat small copepods like @Eric R. mentioned. I accidentally introduced them over a decade ago. Since then they survived several treatments with flatworm exit and three tank crashes and restarts. They are bound to stay. Thankfully corals haven't been bothered by them once.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back