Help to ID tiny creature, worm?

Aelic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten a smaller infestation of these tiny worms. Is anyone able to ID them and say if they are a danger and perhaps give a treatment?

3.jpg
1.jpg

Video:

Thanks for any help!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flatworms! Need flatworm eating fish like wrasse or chemical route/flatworm exit, but take care if using chemicals because of die-off from the sheer numbers.

OP
OP
A

Aelic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like Ghost Flatworm from post "What is that!! A R2R guide to common new tank hitchhikers."
but never seeing them befor id like a second opinion and what to do?
This Tank got no fish or inverts in it just now after i lost my peacock mantis shrimp 1-2 months ago but a few mushroom corals and a duncen coral.

Flatworms! Need flatworm eating fish like wrasse or chemical route/flatworm exit, but take care if using chemicals because of die-off from the sheer numbers.

When you say chemicals, would something like "Flatworm RX" from blue life work or anything else specific?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I've only had to deal with a small outbreak of flatworms once. I added a leopard wrasse and they eventually disappeared. It was nothing close to the numbers you have though. Hopefully someone else with personal experience can chime in.

Peter Houde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like Ghost Flatworm from post "What is that!! A R2R guide to common new tank hitchhikers."
but never seeing them befor id like a second opinion and what to do?
This Tank got no fish or inverts in it just now after i lost my peacock mantis shrimp 1-2 months ago but a few mushroom corals and a duncen coral.

When you say chemicals, would something like "Flatworm RX" from blue life work or anything else specific?
They are indeed ghost flatworms. They come in on macroalgae or other things you might have added to your tank. They eat copepods. They won't harm anything else. Chances are they'll disappear on their own. But I let them do that in the quarantine tank before I put new macros in my DT.

OP
OP
A

Aelic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are indeed ghost flatworms. They come in on macroalgae or other things you might have added to your tank. They eat copepods. They won't harm anything else. Chances are they'll disappear on their own. But I let them do that in the quarantine tank before I put new macros in my DT.
That might esplanaden the explosive outbreak, had alot of copepods befor and now when i try ti find them i cant

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back