Help in T5

Roy Aditya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Need a quick help on T5 lighting. I am very newbie , just started my tank 2 months ago, it's a 75 gallon with 20 gallon sump. I have current USA orbit Marine 48 inch fixture. Seems like there is not enough light to cover the tank and I was thinking to go for an extra T5. ATI T5's are out of my budget, do you guys advice any T5 light fixture which holds ATI bulbs. Anything that would be a good combo with my current USA LED marine fixture.

Thanks.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the rules on links but search “sunblaze t5ho” and several will come up. Good fixtures for what they cost. I’d pick up a 4 bulb 48” fixture and use your current LEDs for dawn/dusk actinic purposes

Reefer2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ati bulbs are great on t5. Just get a fixture that has good reflectors on each bulb and you will be good to go. There are several cheaper fixtures made for horticulture that work

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to tell you that I would do my very best to get an ATI fixture, but if you really can't...
I would get a 6 bulb fixture for your 75gal.
Get one fixture with 6 bulbs and good reflectors.
Save your other fixture for other project or quarantine tank.
Try search Amazon.
Something like this:
51LBdScaXeL._SL1024_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/T5-Fluoresce...73&sr=8-4&keywords=T5+grow+T5+fixtures+6+bulb
Grandis.

Neto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will face lots of problems with those units IMO. First of all, these are not aluminum, they will corrode, second there is no cooling of the bulbs and third the ballasts are not HO, fourth I doubt there are replacement parts for these so what happens if a ballast goes out? Reef bulbs usually start at $20 so each year you will be spending 120-160.

OP
OP
R

Roy Aditya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Aquatic life T5 hybrid. I was looking for something cheaper for sure, but then I have had to compromise Current USA LED strip. To utilize this one as well, had to spend a bit more. Ordered ATI T5 bulbs, lets see how things are coming up.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back