Help. Is this Iodine deficiency or Nudis on my Monti Setosa frag

strawberryfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy all I noticed white patches on my new Monti frag, is this the work of Nudibranchs, light bleaching, or iodine deficiency? I've got Iodine to dose but it isn't formulated for nano tanks, and I don't have a means of testing for Iodine. So I'm not really sure what to do, I've already moved it to lower light. Should I dip, try and dose, or observe how it does in its new location. Any info or help is greatly appreciated. P.S. I've also been dosing with Kent Marine Nano Reef but have no clue if it contains Iodine or not

20220809_223944.jpg

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't get the video to load but zooming in on the pic it does look like nudis to me. Look at your coral in the night or early morning and you should seem them. Small white bristle looking guys that will blow off with flow.

OP
OP
strawberryfish

strawberryfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't get the video to load but zooming in on the pic it does look like nudis to me. Look at your coral in the night or early morning and you should seem them. Small white bristle looking guys that will blow off with flow.
Used a pipette to blow the frag this morning and saw little white specs float off but nothing I could positively identify as Nudis should I dip anyways or wait until I can be positive they are Nudis. Never had Nudis before, are they typically visible with the naked eye or would I need magnification to see them. The patch didn't grow much overnight so I wonder about lighting being the cause. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used a pipette to blow the frag this morning and saw little white specs float off but nothing I could positively identify as Nudis should I dip anyways or wait until I can be positive they are Nudis. Never had Nudis before, are they typically visible with the naked eye or would I need magnification to see them. The patch didn't grow much overnight so I wonder about lighting being the cause. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
Ime they are very hard to see with naked eye. I would dip during lights out and see if I find anything in the dip after to help get a positive id. Currently fighting some nudis right now. And yes my vermatid population is out of control as well.

Photo for reference

Attachments

• PXL_20220808_135903812.jpg
    PXL_20220808_135903812.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
strawberryfish

strawberryfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ime they are very hard to see with naked eye. I would dip during lights out and see if I find anything in the dip after to help get a positive id. Currently fighting some nudis right now. And yes my vermatid population is out of control as well.

Photo for reference
Will do, Thanks again.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back