Help make my mind up

D2123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

So next week going to be getting a red sea reefer 200 got a couple of questions for you guys

1. Do i get the deluxe what are your thoughts on the red seas 90 light worth it?

2. For return pump was thinking about vectra s2 or any other recommendations

3. Skimmer what about Bubble Magus Skimmer 3.5 do i need bigger model bit confused on this?

4. Power Heads now i am really confused on what to get for this and why are they soooooo expensive

LPS dominated tank but would like to try my hand at SPS when i get the hang of all this

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are thinking about SPS down the line, you want high and preferably irregular flow, high light, and pretty low nutrients. That means not going cheap.

I am not familiar with Red Sea lights. But from what I see, the light should be strong enough for that tank. The main thing is how is the light spread. LED lights tend to have uneven spread. You might find some videos that assess that matter.

The skimmer is about the right size for the tank But they do tend to overstate their power. It is rated up to 80 gallons. That should be enough but it depends on how much fish load you go with and how much you feed.

There is a reason power heads are expensive. If you want variable flow and durability it is go big or go home. You don’t get both cheap. I have found that inexpensive powerheads tend to die. My ecotechs have been pretty durable. In your tank 2 MP10s or an MP40 would probably do it.

So these things don’t come cheap unfortunately. But maintaining a stable marine environment is the name of the game and doing can mean $$$$$.

jasonsingh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should get wave makers. I have the Vortechs which are perfect. Don't get powerheads. The wavemakers are the best option. I will sell them as soon as I get permission. Powerheads are too fixed and only blow in one fixed direction. The wavemakers are expensive, but I can sell mine for cheaper price. They are in mint condition and you can control them from you iPhone or Android device. American made, so no nonsense.

OP
OP
D

D2123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are thinking about SPS down the line, you want high and preferably irregular flow, high light, and pretty low nutrients. That means not going cheap.

I am not familiar with Red Sea lights. But from what I see, the light should be strong enough for that tank. The main thing is how is the light spread. LED lights tend to have uneven spread. You might find some videos that assess that matter.

The skimmer is about the right size for the tank But they do tend to overstate their power. It is rated up to 80 gallons. That should be enough but it depends on how much fish load you go with and how much you feed.

There is a reason power heads are expensive. If you want variable flow and durability it is go big or go home. You don’t get both cheap. I have found that inexpensive powerheads tend to die. My ecotechs have been pretty durable. In your tank 2 MP10s or an MP40 would probably do it.

So these things don’t come cheap unfortunately. But maintaining a stable marine environment is the name of the game and doing can mean $$$$$.

Fish i am planning are 2 clowns 1 goby and Royal gramma

i read somewhere that vortech require you to buy a program that itself costs like $100 or £100 cant remember which but kind of a scam if you do what about AI nero 5's you have any info about these? and will i need 1 or 2 of them

jasonsingh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish i am planning are 2 clowns 1 goby and Royal gramma

i read somewhere that vortech require you to buy a program that itself costs like $100 or £100 cant remember which but kind of a scam if you do what about AI nero 5's you have any info about these? and will i need 1 or 2 of them
You will need two Vortechs (one on each side). The phone or website software is free if you have the equipment (American company). I can help you connect with the main folks. My stuff is something I bough at full retail price. It's not stolen. I paid for it, so we can do a transfer. Just tell me what you can afford. I am an honest guy.

OP
OP
D

D2123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need two Vortechs (one on each side). The phone or website software is free if you have the equipment (American company). I can help you connect with the main folks. My stuff is something I bough at full retail price. It's not stolen. I paid for it, so we can do a transfer. Just tell me what you can afford. I am an honest guy.
Mate i am from the uk i am not from america if you are looking to sell them you could try ebay or try the forums on here i prefer to buy brand new

jasonsingh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mate i am from the uk i am not from america if you are looking to sell them you could try ebay or try the forums on here i prefer to buy brand new
Nah, then you have to deal with shipping costs. I lost a Surface Book transaction because the buyer was apparently in Hong Kong and did not cough up after winning the bid. I'd rather meet my buyer and look them in the face before I sell and see the cash in my hands these days. I can spend less on gas and meet these folks half way in the Bay Area for $6 or two gallons of gas.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back