Help me build a T5 burn in station

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
1,673
Location
Houston, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have looked but couldn’t find anywhere.

Please guide me to a DIY thread that shows how I can build a burn in station for 60” T5 bulbs.

Evidently I need to be careful of the end caps and ballasts that I need. Is there someone who has done this? What parts do I need to have a safe way to burn in my bulbs properly before installing them over the tank

Would really appreciate your support guys.

Thank you.
 
All fixtures at HD that I have seen are 48” bulb only. I need it for 60” bulbs. Hence the custom need.
 
Don't laugh but find a old fixture on ebay. I used one that only 3 bulbs worked but it was ideal. I just set it up in my closet and burn away. Now I do it with my MH as well.
 
How long should new bulbs burn for?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new