Help me choose a sump: eshopps or fiji cube?

Djhype97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I picked up a gently used DSA 105 rimless tank and stand. I need to pick up a sump. I'm currently looking at the eshopps AR-200 or the Fiji Cube 30 Advanced Reef sump. I thought that I was going to go with a fiji cube but then came across some threads where fiji cube owners didn't care for the refugium area because chaeto tends to spill over into the return section.

I thought I'd try and get some feedback from both fijicube sump owners and eshopps AR sump owners.

Drop your 2 cents below! Thank you!!!

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I picked up a gently used DSA 105 rimless tank and stand. I need to pick up a sump. I'm currently looking at the eshopps AR-200 or the Fiji Cube 30 Advanced Reef sump. I thought that I was going to go with a fiji cube but then came across some threads where fiji cube owners didn't care for the refugium area because chaeto tends to spill over into the return section.

I thought I'd try and get some feedback from both fijicube sump owners and eshopps AR sump owners.

Drop your 2 cents below! Thank you!!!
Happy with my r200. Like the ar 200 the refugium has reduced flow, so macro, sand, mud and critters are not blown out. Watch the return pump size as the return chamber is smallish. I would upsize to ar300 if funds allow.

shakacuz

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i built my own sump using the fiji kit on a 20g long. cheaper than buying a brand new sump, and i did it to my own configuration.

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
x2 on the Trigger...very happy with the 2 I have owned, a custom 39 (before they started making them), and a 20 Emerald...checking out the Fiji's for my upcoming build, just not convinced yet.

I never heard about this brand Trigger. I checked the website and the PLATINUM20C with the Fleece roll looks fantastic! I want to change mine now :)

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv only ever own eshopp so can't say anything about the other nor can I recommend anything but ime they have good quality

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do hear alot of good about the other tho but that's not really helpful lol

I would also like to know this so following thank you everyone for any information you may have

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back