Help me choose my dwarf lionfish

Spydersweb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, when I finish cycling my 90 gallon FOWLR, I want to build around a dwarf lionfish, but I’m on the fence as to which one. There are things I like about each one. I like the zebra for it’s more traditionally lionfish appearance, I like the fu Manchu because I love the way they hunt their prey, and they’re smaller than the other two, and I like the fuzzy cause from what I’ve read, they’re a little more mellow than the other two, and easier to get to eat non living food. Are these assessments true? What have your experiences been? And which one did you choose and why?

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had fuzzy's and zebras in my store. Fuzzy's have a cooler appearance imo. However fu manchu's look the best. I will say though its easy to get fuzzy's to eat and to get them on frozen

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the fuzzy is usually easier to get to eat dead food, I find many reasons why that really shouldn"t be your priority. The fu will rarely if ever live long on a dead diet, even if they take it is usually short lived or never enough to sustain long. The others are also challenging to meet their dietery reguirements on a dead on diet. A dwarf lion should live more than 10 years in captivity. I have all 3, my fu is 5" and I've had her more than 7 years, They are all wonderful fish, each with their own personality even within the same species. Check out some of my threads in the Predator discussion for tons of info and pics.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back