Help me choose skimmer

OceanL0ver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to choose between SM207 Monzter DC Internal Protein Skimmer - Skimz and Regal 200INT 8" Internal Protein Skimmer (VarioS) - Reef Octopus. I have reefer 525 xl so 150 gal total volume. My current skimmer is too loud. I have medium bio load.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the color of the reef octopus :) the skimz looks too plain haha

Seriously though, I think either of those would be about the same in terms of performance and quality. The skimz does have a smaller footprint which will be better if you have a tighter sump.

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the color of the reef octopus :) the skimz looks too plain haha

Seriously though, I think either of those would be about the same in terms of performance and quality. The skimz does have a smaller footprint which will be better if you have a tighter sump.

Exactly this. The footprint may help you but based off reviews I would go with Reef Octopus. + one of the review on BRS is a person who has the same tank as you. Check it out.

Vertex is worth looking at they make great skimmers. I personally have a bubble magus that I love and just bought a Nyos for my new tank but haven't gotten to use it yet.

Simplicity Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't already, check out our Simplicity skimmers. Our value is tough to beat and we have excellent customer service should you ever run into a problem. Not sure? Just call us, we actually answer our phone or if needed call you back quickly. DC Skimmer pumps and robust build quality.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back