Help me pic a new camera>>>>

  • Thread starter Thread starter follow3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

follow3

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
Location
Hampton, Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I have tried and tried to get good pics with my camera, but I think it is just not good enough quality. It is an older model Sony cybershot- 2 megapixel.

I have read all of the tutorials I can find for photographing coral and most of the things that are needed to be adjusted I can't even find on my camera.

Soooo... I am going to start hunting for a new camera. Please give me your suggestions. I want a camera that is not too complicated, but also able to be adjusted to take the quality photos of corals. I also will be using it for everyday family type pics. ( I have a new baby)

Any recomendations would be awesome. Preferrably a model that one of you awesome photographers (you know who you are) has, so you can help me out easier when I need it.

Thanks,
Steve
 
it really depends on your budget - but if you're looking at a DSLR - the Nikon D-40x and the D-80 are both nice cameras.
 
OK Guys,

Thanks for the input. I couldn't swing a DSLR right now, but wanted a quality point and shoot, so I ended up going with the Nikon S50.

I just got home with it and am taking it out of the box. I will post pics when I can.

Thanks,
Steve
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new