Help me pick a ato/kalkwasser pump.

joseph scott

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2018
Messages
157
Reaction score
197
Location
Bradenton Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using a Toms aqualifter pump for my ato/kalkwasser dosing right now, but sometimes it gets clogged, would a peristaltic pump solve this problem? If so which one to get? Seeems the prices for these pumps vary wildly!
 
I use a Milwaukee MP810. It has been dosing for over 5 years now without issue.
 
Is it loud?, do you use it to dose kalkwasser?
It is not the quietest but it doesn't run constantly and doesn't bother me. I have it pump through a kalk reactor so it kinda pumps kalk. These pumps are designed for hydroponics applications primarily where they pump fertilizers, acids, and buffers so they should be able to handel kalk.
 
I use a Milwaukee MP810. It has been dosing for over 5 years now without issue.
What is the dosing for rate on this pump? AquaCave lists 9ml/min, Saltwateraquarium lists 25ml/min, and the Milwaukee website list about 600ml/min, which I think is incorrect but I just chatted online with them and they confirmed… even told me that “most people want it to pump faster”. I still think he’s wrong. Anyways… if you could let me know that would be great, thanks!
 
I’m using a Toms aqualifter pump for my ato/kalkwasser dosing right now, but sometimes it gets clogged, would a peristaltic pump solve this problem? If so which one to get? Seeems the prices for these pumps vary wildly!
Tunze
 
I use 2 heads of my Coral Box MF-04 for 48 total doses per day of kalk, 6.8L total per day. I use this tube from amazon when the tube wears out every few months. The 3 meters will last years.
 
Last edited:
What is the dosing for rate on this pump? AquaCave lists 9ml/min, Saltwateraquarium lists 25ml/min, and the Milwaukee website list about 600ml/min, which I think is incorrect but I just chatted online with them and they confirmed… even told me that “most people want it to pump faster”. I still think he’s wrong. Anyways… if you could let me know that would be great, thanks!

I have not installed mine yet to check but the manual says 25 ml/min
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new