OP
Whiteydenewf

Whiteydenewf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wattage is quite low and will be limited support for coral. 95watt minimum recommended
I’ve often wondered about my lights. Again I’m a total noob here. What I know, I kind of figured out as I go. Do you have a recommendation for a 20G tank that could someday be used on a larger tank should I eventually decide? Also if I get a larger wattage light, will that potentially burn out my existing corals that are used to the lower wattage? Again I’m a noob so excuse the questions if they seem silly.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve often wondered about my lights. Again I’m a total noob here. What I know, I kind of figured out as I go. Do you have a recommendation for a 20G tank that could someday be used on a larger tank should I eventually decide? Also if I get a larger wattage light, will that potentially burn out my existing corals that are used to the lower wattage? Again I’m a noob so excuse the questions if they seem silly.
I would say Ai Prime hd but if you are entertaining a larger tank in the future, either Ai Hydra 26 or 32 OR noopsyche K7 pro

OP
OP
Whiteydenewf

Whiteydenewf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say Ai Prime hd but if you are entertaining a larger tank in the future, either Ai Hydra 26 or 32 OR noopsyche K7 pro
I’ll look into them. My tank is 4 years old. I’ve often wondered if I’m at par for the course or if I’m lacking. Some of those corals are just thriving. The favia in the middle on the sand bed is gone crazy. It’s the reward of patience. But then I’ve lost some coral too. There’s a little acan on the left rock near the bottom that is struggling. I’ve moved it twice at different light sites but it is just not happy. My blasto has survived everything from the beginning and is just lovely now. At one point I considered a bigger tank. I may again so I’d rather do the light once instead of buying an upgrade, just to do it again in a few years. Thx for the suggestions.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back