Help me tweak my clean up crew.

  • Thread starter Thread starter tehSAC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tehSAC

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2016
Messages
325
Reaction score
459
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the final stages of planning before I get my NUVO 10 wet. I got to be honest with you I'm slightly overwhelmed when it comes to the discussion of clean up crews. So I'm posting a list that I believe is a good start/package. However I'd like some input/ideas if you don't mind helping out someone who is a bit naive when it comes to clean up crews.

1 Trochus Snail
2 Nassarius Snails
2-3 Cerith Snails
1 Strawberry Conch
1 Green Emerald Crab
1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Blue Legged Hermit
2 Scarlet Hermits

Should I add more Snails? Mind you I don't want to over populate and then these guys start to starve. I also plan to keep a Tailspot Blenny.
 
You should be good too go .. depends on how Much algae Grows during cycle and new tank syndrome.. starting up
 
Just my opinion. Drop the conch, they need lots of open ground. Drop the Emerald, not really needed unless you have bubble algae. And drop the cleaner unless you want him for show. My Blood Cleaner is more of a pest to my LPS always stealing food from them. Other then that check out Nerite snails also.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new