Help me with my heater plan

hondacbr600rr

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Messages
135
Reaction score
45
Location
East Coast
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m looking to figure out what my plan will be for heaters in my new system.

Tank is 310 gallons.
Sump will be a 100 gallon Rubbermaid tote
Frag tank will be another 50-100 gallons. All 3 connected together.

I wanted to ensure I have redundancy in my plan, so I can use a combination of Apex and Inkbird controllers.

Ideally 2 heaters in the sump would be easiest. Would 2- 500 gallon heaters be sufficient?
 
Use 2 heaters for 250gal each if the total volume Will be 500 gal that way you create a built in fail safe against overheating incase one breaks. I know the inkbird should prevent that but just incase the inkbird bird is not working properly few years down the line.

This is my advice 😊
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new