Help me with my nano

If on Aqua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I recently purchased a Waterbox Cube 10 gal. I am planning to add the following:

Inverts:
1 scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp
2 nassarius snails
2 bumblebee snails
3 sexy shrimp
2 scarlet hermit crabs
1 tuxedo urchin
1 porcelain crab

Fishes:
1 ocellaris clownfish
1 yellow clown goby

My question is what is another fish that I can add to the list? I want the fish to be of a different color than white, orange and yellow. It should also be reef safe with LPS corals. Also, it must bother any of the other inverts. It must also be personable and lively. What would you recommend? Will my tank be able to handle the bioload. Should I remove some of the inverts from the list? Please help

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would avoid the urchin in a 10 gallon, they’ll bulldoze everything and may be a hazard to smaller invertebrates in such a confined space, also 2 fish may be More than enough for the space depending on scape

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say another clownfish to keep yours company, or some kind of goby, there are lots of unique colorful gobies, not much else can happily fit into a 10 gallon

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also not get the urchin, at least yet. A firefish might be okay but both the clown goby and clownfish can be a bit territorial. I might go with a hectors or randals (court jester) goby. Both are predominately green. Big enough to see from across the room, oriented toward the bottom of the tank so less chance of agression, but okayish in a 10 gallon. That or one or even two of the various pygmy gobies. My personal favorite of these is the Masked Goby. You could also try one of the smaller shrimp gobies like the Banded High Fin goby.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 10g you are full already imo, you already have two big fish, adding a 3rd would be not a good idea. The fish will likely fight and your nutrients will be out of control.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back