HELP me with picking a camera with your tank pics.

RaeRae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I am in the market for a nice camera. I was told a DSLR is the way to go with a port hole to get the under water shots? I have a $500 budget and would like to buy a used one if I can help it. I would like for this to be able to take pics of my family as well. I have read about a program of some sort to help with the blue" I use LEDs" and love to view my tank under smurf pee lol with most my corals being z/p. Where can I find this program? Can you post a couple pics from your camera. Do I even need to spend? $500 to get a camera that can take great pics?

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canon Rebel. Shoot in RAW format so you can adjust color. Disc comes with new camera purchase but IDK if you will get a new one for you budget.

robbrouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the first rebel and the XT before I moved on to the 30D and then the 50D. If you are going DSLR, you will need a lens to add you the camera the kit lens (the one that comes as a kit with Canon) is ok, but not super great. Will a budget of 500 you will need to check ebay and the likes to find something.

As for shooting RAW... I go agree its the best for adjusting the image the way you want it, but it will take some time to get the hang of it in photoshop or the likes. I shot in Jpeg and raw at the same time. So I can show images to people right away and I have the raw image to work on later.

I have bought and sold 1000's of dollars worth of gear from this forum. Buy & Sell Photo-Gear - FM Forums

Good luck.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Canon XSI about 5 years ago. Not their top of the line cameras and very affordable. I use the stock lens that came with it. The camera wont make you good taking pictures though. It takes a ton of practice. Thousands of shots before you find the settings you like.

064copy-1.jpg

Earlei010.jpg

pam0630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful pics...i have a cannon EOS 50D....ive been playing around with mine to get some good shots..havent quite figured it out yet...
but i did spend alot of money for this camera...i got the camera for high speed races for my sons track career.......so now thats done, ill be trying to take some nice pics and put on here......

robbrouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The camera was not the expensive part for me $1100 it was all the lens I've bought over the years.

OP
OP
RaeRae

RaeRae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you post a pic on hear can you explain what equipment you are using? To better help use understand.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back