Help.. metronidazole

roktsintst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm...

Well that is why IMO it has HLLE. Im not one to talk because I have a Regal Angel that has HLLE as well that i am going to catch and treat w/ metro+ as well. But he got it while in a 90 gallon and that is what i attribute it too. a 65 is just too small for such a big fish.

Now while in the 90 gallon w/ the Regal Angel, I had a Blue tang. He also had HLLE very very bad. He looked horrible. Well I tried and tried to catch him with no luck. Every other fish in the display woudl swim into the trap except him! then one day i walked by the tank and I had left a canopy door open and he jumped out! Well i grabbed him and put him in my display and now he looks great! They HLLE is totally gone. It will only improve with better tank conditions in my opinion!

Either way good luck with it, but hte emperor would be MUCH happier in a MUCH larger home! You could find a new home for it and get a gorgeous pygme angel to take its place!!!

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm...

Well that is why IMO it has HLLE. Im not one to talk because I have a Regal Angel that has HLLE as well that i am going to catch and treat w/ metro+ as well. But he got it while in a 90 gallon and that is what i attribute it too. a 65 is just too small for such a big fish.

Now while in the 90 gallon w/ the Regal Angel, I had a Blue tang. He also had HLLE very very bad. He looked horrible. Well I tried and tried to catch him with no luck. Every other fish in the display woudl swim into the trap except him! then one day i walked by the tank and I had left a canopy door open and he jumped out! Well i grabbed him and put him in my display and now he looks great! They HLLE is totally gone. It will only improve with better tank conditions in my opinion!

Either way good luck with it, but hte emperor would be MUCH happier in a MUCH larger home! You could find a new home for it and get a gorgeous pygme angel to take its place!!!

very well said. :)

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Ryan.

A large fish in a small tank will greatly increase stress and make them more susceptible to HLLE IME.

roktsintst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Guys.

And versach, this is no knock on you. We are only trying ot help. I just think that if you are going to treat the fish and then put it back in unfavorable conditions, the HLLE will come back!

I know that blue zoo aquatics and NY aquatics have Venustus angels in right now that would be a beautiful affordable but rare fish that woudl work perftectly for you.

And i know you dont watn to hear it but a 7" blue and and a powder blue of any size are also not good fish for a 65!

Good luck man!

Ryan

kfm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to know, does the blue tang have it? How long have you had both of the fish?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back