Help my first coal is dying

Amarker3297

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I went and got my first two corals I got a Duncan and a Pom Pom xinea and the Duncan is doing great and looks like it did in the store but the xinea is struggling and is shriveled up. I have they are both in a spot with good flow and I have a LED light lighting them. I also used a coral dip to get any worms and parasites out. Does anyone know why my coral could be struggling?

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only coral that has died in my tank was Xenia lol they like “dirty” water aka high nutrients , new tanks can lack this so I would suggest to feed more and raise nitrates to about 10ppm, I currently now have Xenia and it is thriving

image.jpg

OP
OP
A

Amarker3297

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only coral that has died in my tank was Xenia lol they like “dirty” water aka high nutrients , new tanks can lack this so I would suggest to feed more and raise nitrates to about 10ppm, I currently now have Xenia and it is thriving

image.jpg
Ok thanks so much

DIAZ REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I went and got my first two corals I got a Duncan and a Pom Pom xinea and the Duncan is doing great and looks like it did in the store but the xinea is struggling and is shriveled up. I have they are both in a spot with good flow and I have a LED light lighting them. I also used a coral dip to get any worms and parasites out. Does anyone know why my coral could be struggling?
I keep my Xenia in low/medium flow and spot feed all my corals REEF ROIDS twice a week.
the roids really show a difference shortly after they eat.

kichimark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps the xenia did not care for the dip much? I would just keep an eye on it at this point. Do you have a picture by chance? Once they start going, they melt pretty fast. If it is just shriveled it may come back and just stressed.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give them some time.
In a few months, you’ll want them to slow down.
They don’t like Zero P and N water, but trace is fine.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 149 40.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 189 50.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 33 8.9%
Back