HELP MY MAGNIFICA ANEMONE IS FEELING REALY BAD!!!

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"pulled off"? Was this Anemone attached to a rock? It kind of looks to me like the foot has been torn. If that's the case it can be difficult for the nem to heal and recover. I would make sure the QT has somewhere it can wedge itself and recover (rocks, cup, PVC cutout). It could be just very stressed, either way I would leave it be for a day or two and let it fully acclimate to your tank.
So as soon as i took it from the bag i put in my main 50 g tank and it did not feel good it stretched so much i thought it was gonna split and its foot did not even atach so thats when i put it in qt. The foot i think was damaged from where i bought it, because i did not see the foot when they packaged it. Thanks for reaching out!

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the coffe mug where should i put it i mean next to it or should i put the anemone on top of the coffe mug.

Next to it should fine. If it attaches, it would ideally climb to the top.

Look in to seeing what antibiotics are available to you, maybe just state what country you are in, so that Minh (OrionN) can possibly make a suggestion.

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next to it should fine. If it attaches, it would ideally climb to the top.

Look in to seeing what antibiotics are available to you, maybe just state what country you are in, so that Minh (OrionN) can possibly make a suggestion.
Ok thanks for your your suggestion i put the coffe mug next to it but the mouth is gaping open and sometimes not often releases some type of slime should i worry?

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for your your suggestion i put the coffe mug next to it but the mouth is gaping open and sometimes not often releases some type of slime should i worry?
You should treat him as soon as possible. If you have an antibiotic other than Cipro, let me know and I can suggest a dose for you. When you have cipro, you can switch treatment to Cipro.
The sooner you start on treatment the better the out come. Best of luck.
And i forgot to mention i live in Armenia and dont know if there is any possible antibiotics in here . Any homemade or from the pharmacy anything that you know would help it please tell me thank you!

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone , so i bought a magnifica anemone from a store that was about 40 hours away from our home and it was looking awsome in their tank it looked amazing so they pulled it of and i bought it and they packed it for a long trip home .I just came home from that trip and the anemone was in the bag for about 43 hours and i started aclimating it to my tank i put it in and the mouth was gaping open so wide i could have probably seen rite threw it , so i thought it was just geting used to my tank BUT after about 5 hours it started vomitting from its mouth and foot some white stringy stuff and i understood it was showing sines of stress so i pulled it out and the foot was all stringy so i put it in my qt tank and now its feeling really bad ill try to post pictures to. The middle pic was in my main tank the others are in the qt.(ps. all of my parametrs are in check) if you need more pics please tell me i dont wanna lose her i love this anemone please help!!!
IMG_1592.JPG
IMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1598.JPG
.Please help!!!!!!!
For those who wanna know what happpened is that my nem just died amd its realy dificult to keep these guys

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who wanna know what happpened is that my nem just died amd its realy dificult to keep these guys
No it's not. actually quite easy once they are healthy. Next time treat immediately with cipro, IT WORKS...

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than inspecting the nem prior to purchase and being prepared to treat the anemone with cipro (or alternative), it should be recommended to purchase the rock the nem is attached to in cases where you are buying in person, if possible.

The travel time was also not a good idea. If it were possible that the vendor did also do online sales and was able to overnight you the nem after you returned from your trip that would have been much preferred.

I would hold off on trying again until you do have an acceptable antibiotic treatment on hand in the event you needed it and try to minimize risks to ensure success. Take the time to make sure you and your tank is ready.

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it's not. actually quite easy once they are healthy. Next time treat immediately with cipro, IT WORKS...

Not to start trouble, but I find your answer to be a little rude. He already feels bad enough. No need to be snappy.

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to start trouble, but I find your answer to be a little rude. He already feels bad enough. No need to be snappy.
I have been keeping these nems for over 35 yrs...in the beginning I was having lots of trouble like the op..in recent yrs with the cipro treatment It has become MUCH easier to have a magnifica live and thrive...I just don't want the guy to get disgusted and give up because he thinks mags are too difficult for the average hobbyist...they are not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping these nems for over 35 yrs...in the beginning I was having lots of trouble like the op..in recent yrs with the cipro treatment It has become MUCH easier to have a magnifica live and thrive...I just don't want the guy to get disgusted and give up because he thinks mags are too difficult for the average hobbyist...they are not.

Yea, he cannot get antibiotics where he lives.

EmptyWallet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LFS may have done a poor job removing the foot then add 43hrs transport it probably never had a fighting chance to begin with

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, he cannot get antibiotics where he lives.
well, one thing i did back in the day before we knew about cipro - was to put the new mag in a tank thank was filtered only by an algae scrubber..I think the high levels of dissolved oxygen in that tank helped some of the nems I placed in it recover from the bacterial infection or fight it off...

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know the dudes low on life when he says that probably lost nems before he could actually keep one. Or still dousnt keep any

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for giving me hopes i thing im gonna find a way to bring cipro to my country. But a quick question how often am i supposed to dip then?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back