HELP MY MAGNIFICA ANEMONE IS FEELING REALY BAD!!!

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone , so i bought a magnifica anemone from a store that was about 40 hours away from our home and it was looking awsome in their tank it looked amazing so they pulled it of and i bought it and they packed it for a long trip home .I just came home from that trip and the anemone was in the bag for about 43 hours and i started aclimating it to my tank i put it in and the mouth was gaping open so wide i could have probably seen rite threw it , so i thought it was just geting used to my tank BUT after about 5 hours it started vomitting from its mouth and foot some white stringy stuff and i understood it was showing sines of stress so i pulled it out and the foot was all stringy so i put it in my qt tank and now its feeling really bad ill try to post pictures to. The middle pic was in my main tank the others are in the qt.(ps. all of my parametrs are in check) if you need more pics please tell me i dont wanna lose her i love this anemone please help!!!
IMG_1592.JPG
IMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1598.JPG
.Please help!!!!!!!

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank?
40 hours is a pretty long time. I wish you luck!

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nem likely defecated in the bag. They can be very difficult to keep. High light and high flow. Good luck.
thanks just a quick question should i put it back in main tank or qt because qt douse not have high lighting just 18 watt 10k t5s

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It looks like they damaged the foot when they removed it.

Leave it were it is currently, stop moving it around. Keep the water parameters stable and watch it constantly. Mix up some fresh saltwater to have on hand. Do you have cipro just in case you need it?

@OrionN recommendations?

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like they damaged the foot when they removed it.

Leave it were it is currently, stop moving it around. Keep the water parameters stable and watch it constantly. Mix up some fresh saltwater to have on hand. Do you have cipro just in case you need it?

@OrionN recommendations?
Thanks for the reply Lance! No i dont have cipro and yes i am not gonna move it drom the qt tank because its realy im bad shape i did a 15 % water change today and im gonna do it tomorrow

I had a small skimmer and i put that in there to just to skim the icky stuff that it repeases from it.
I think ill do just 15 percent water change for week.

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how your qt is set up but make sure you have a powerhead (covered) and heater as well (just saying as some people forget these things).

An over turned coffee mug or clean flower pot for it to attach to as well.

Post pics every now and then to update.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should treat him as soon as possible. If you have an antibiotic other than Cipro, let me know and I can suggest a dose for you. When you have cipro, you can switch treatment to Cipro.
The sooner you start on treatment the better the out come. Best of luck.

Dirty_Birdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"pulled off"? Was this Anemone attached to a rock? It kind of looks to me like the foot has been torn. If that's the case it can be difficult for the nem to heal and recover. I would make sure the QT has somewhere it can wedge itself and recover (rocks, cup, PVC cutout). It could be just very stressed, either way I would leave it be for a day or two and let it fully acclimate to your tank.

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how your qt is set up but make sure you have a powerhead (covered) and heater as well (just saying as some people forget these things).

An over turned coffee mug or clean flower pot for it to attach to as well.

Post pics every now and then to update.
Ok ill do that the first thing in the morning about taking pics. My qt is a boyu 12 g nanocube with 18 watt 10 k lighting . Yes i have a heater in there and i also put a power head i turned it on and the anemone did not like it. About the coffe mug where should i put it i mean next to it or should i put the anemone on top of the coffe mug. And i also put a small skimmer in ther for it to take all the bad stuff out. Thanks for reaching out

OP
OP
R

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should treat him as soon as possible. If you have an antibiotic other than Cipro, let me know and I can suggest a dose for you. When you have cipro, you can switch treatment to Cipro.
The sooner you start on treatment the better the out come. Best of luck.
I currently am not living in the us so getting those types of anti biotics are pretty dificult and i cant order from amazon because they dont bring it here. If there is any homemade way i can do it i would really apreciate if you would tell me how thank you! And also thanks for reaching out!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back