Help my sort this Apex ATK

EvilVOG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been banging my head against the wall for a week setting up this Apex system that I bought for the new tank. Got most of it working but the ATK doesn't want to do anything but send me messages that read "ATK A is less than .01. No change in fluid levels or float position will get it to do anything else. It did run one time I think and that was it.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you may have somehow set up a power monitoring alert for the ATK. This is not a normal practice.

Read through my ATK tutorial for a detailed description of how it works and what each line of code does: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptu...torials-part-3-automatic-top-off-kit-atk.692/

Please post your EmailAlm programming code. Also look at your list of Inputs to see which ones have alarms set.

OP
OP
E

EvilVOG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, thanks! I'll have to try it out when i get home. Can't really do anything from the app as they don't support Android.

Gotta say I'm not real happy with Neptune's blatant disregard for thier customers.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The IOS app isn’t really that different to their web app, and you should be able to navigate the web app quite successfully using Chrome on your Android phone. I’m an IOS user myself so haven’t tried this but it should work ok.

OP
OP
E

EvilVOG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's a nightmare on both PC and Android. Some stuff works on one but not the other and vice versa. to truly change anything i have to use both devices simultaneously.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Great tips

OP
OP
E

EvilVOG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you may have somehow set up a power monitoring alert for the ATK. This is not a normal practice.

Read through my ATK tutorial for a detailed description of how it works and what each line of code does: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptu...torials-part-3-automatic-top-off-kit-atk.692/

Please post your EmailAlm programming code. Also look at your list of Inputs to see which ones have alarms set.
Ok thanks to your tutorial I have it working now. Still have the alarm going off every hour so here is the code that you asked for (I think):

Set OFF
If Error ATK_top_off Then ON
If ATO_hi CLOSED Then ON

OP
OP
E

EvilVOG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still getting this error message despite having the ATK seemingly working correctly. If anyone knows how to make the alarm stop that would be great.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still getting this error message despite having the ATK seemingly working correctly. If anyone knows how to make the alarm stop that would be great.

Go to your list of Inputs. Any input with a checkmark below the Alarm (bell icon) column has a defined alarm. This should help you track it down.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 2.36.30 PM.png

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 60 50.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 65 54.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.6%
Back