Help needed, crab ID instar stages

nicholasan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Wilmington
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am conducting research on megalopae (larval) stages and I have come across a few that I do not have a species for. Two of these may be the same species, as they looked similar but one is darker. The third is white with that distinct strip so I am thinking maybe a rock crab? I have a instar/ crablet picture of what I think is one attached aswell.

Evidently these are Atlantic species. If anyone knows anything about these instar crablet stages, please feel free to suggest anything.

Thank you

IMG_8735.jpeg IMG_8736.jpeg IMG_8737.jpeg IMG_8745.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new