Help needed to program apex to turn off skimmer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone explain the programming to shut my skimmer down for two hours every morning from 0400 to 0600?
I know I need to use Advanced but once that is done, do I need to go back under "skimmer" and set the feed mode? I am not understanding how the system knows to turn it off, if a feed mode is not selected, but I am unsure what the feed mode data should be? Defer time?

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want to shut it off and why for 2 hours? Are you feeding and that's why you want it off?

If you just want it to not run for 24 hours then write the program like this in the skimmer programming:

If 04:00 to 06:00 then OFF

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adele

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want to shut it off and why for 2 hours? Are you feeding and that's why you want it off?

If you just want it to not run for 24 hours then write the program like this in the skimmer programming:

If 04:00 to 06:00 then OFF
Feeding/Dosing during this time and I only want it off for Two hours.
Like this?
image0.jpeg

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding/Dosing during this time and I only want it off for Two hours.
Like this?
image0.jpeg
Yes. I am no expert in programming, but am pretty sure that this will work. I do not have anything that I want programmed that way and I'm not at home to test an empty outlet with that programming to make sure. But, you can change the time and test it to make sure it is off between a certain time and comes back on

OP
OP
Adele

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I am no expert in programming, but am pretty sure that this will work. I do not have anything that I want programmed that way and I'm not at home to test an empty outlet with that programming to make sure. But, you can change the time and test it to make sure it is off between a certain time and comes back on
thanks! I will give this a shot. I have tried for some time to figure this out on my own but no luck, but maybe was making it harder than it needed to be. Of course I was futzing around with the Feed Mode thing and didn't realize there was an advanced option on the picker wheel until today.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! I will give this a shot. I have tried for some time to figure this out on my own but no luck, but maybe was making it harder than it needed to be. Of course I was futzing around with the Feed Mode thing and didn't realize there was an advanced option on the picker wheel until today.
Yep no problem. You can always check out Neptunes documentation on their website as they have some of the basic programming stuff on there. I've searched their programming forum as well when I was trying to do a complex program. I did not find the exact program that I needed, but it gave me a very good idea of what I needed to write

OP
OP
Adele

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep no problem. You can always check out Neptunes documentation on their website as they have some of the basic programming stuff on there. I've searched their programming forum as well when I was trying to do a complex program. I did not find the exact program that I needed, but it gave me a very good idea of what I needed to write
I did get an error when I tried to send it as is. It wants me to put a key word in after "If". It does not like just the time.

OP
OP
Adele

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, i just caught that "is" right now myself
No Worries. I appreciate the help. For such a large forum, it is not uncommon to get 'crickets' to a question here. UPDATE: it worked like a charm. I did forget to change my slider bar to "auto" so it didn't turn off when I was up at 4:30 this morning, but when I did switch to auto it DID shut down at 0600 as programmed! Finally got this working. Seems trivial, but its one less thing I have to do now and when you have the automation capabilities, why not use them to their full potential right? Again, I am much appreciative for your assistance here.:)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back