Linking skimmer to mobius

NewbieRSReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, wondering if anyone has managed to link e.g. a skimmer to the Mobius app.

Would be great to automatically shut off a skimmer when activating Mobius feeding mode (and then turn on again after e.g. 30min or so).

Only solution I see so far is through either manually shut it off and on again or manage through a timer in a smart socket, not connected to Mobius though.

Checked ifttt and similar apps but don't work on Mobius I guess...

Let me know your hacks

OP
OP
N

NewbieRSReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, wondering if anyone has managed to link e.g. a skimmer to the Mobius app.

Would be great to automatically shut off a skimmer when activating Mobius feeding mode (and then turn on again after e.g. 30min or so).

Only solution I see so far is through either manually shut it off and on again or manage through a timer in a smart socket, not connected to Mobius though.

Checked ifttt and similar apps but don't work on Mobius I guess...

Let me know your hacks
P.s. in my case skimmer is Nyos Quantum 160, if of any importance

brianfarm6767

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever find a good way to do this? Wanting to add a skimmer to my AIO but when feed mode turns on in mobius all of my rear chambers water level rise a good bit. Only work around is manually turning off the skimmer using my Kasa smart outlets, but would be nice to have it linked.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Apex with an eb8 and the mobius module
If they are asking about Mobius controlling non Mobius supported hardware, I highly doubt an Apex anything is in the cards. That juice ain't worth the squeeze for the vast majority, especially in this case.

brianfarm6767

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are asking about Mobius controlling non Mobius supported hardware, I highly doubt an Apex anything is in the cards. That juice ain't worth the squeeze for the vast majority, especially in this case.
Yea just seeing if anyone came up with any other smart ideas to handle the water levels going up in an AIO when the return pumps slows down to feed. I knew mobius wouldn't be able to handle it but thought there might be other work arounds. I have my small AIO running off of Kasa smart strips and mobius for the return, powerhead and lights. I just have the skimmer to turn off during my auto feeder time when I am not at home and stay off for a few hours and manually turn it off when I am at home and feed. I just haven't convince myself to add an apex just yet, probably one day though when I run out of other things to buy lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back