Absolutely insanely abysmal documentation - Vortech & Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I sell custom windows and 0% of my job is documentation. Guess what, NO ONE CARES.

This is the one reason why I really don't do much socializing online in this hobby, this forum is pretty much it. No one gives a rip what you do for a living or how much you make. It has no relevance on the topic at hand other than being uber cringe EVERYTIME you mention what you do. It reminds me of Little John when he got shift lead at Popeye's. He had to tell us anytime we disagreed with him about something, he was big leagues now. Shift lead! Or when the doctor told him he needed to cut back on the sodies or they were gunna cut off his foot. Nope, I'm shift lead I know EVERYTHING.

The price of this product is high enough to more than cover the costs of documenting how to use the f'n app. BECAUSE they already have the webspace, throw a QR code on there and put it all online.

I know they have reliable hardware that's why I bought the dang things, but no matter what you do for a living, doesn't change the fact directions are needed to use the app correctly. It should never fall on the consumer to do the work for the company. There was a paper published at Harvard about companies allowing customers dictate how the company should run, maybe we are guilty there, no one reads the directions why have them? But when I talked to them in person, it was obvious they really don't know the product.

You know, I found the information. From, get this. Brightwell aquatics you tube page. Brightwell showing consumers how to set up ecotechss mobius! Oh the hilarity.
It is no surprise to us that you don't do much socializing. And we greatly appreciate that! lol...

JM302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an interesting turn on a Mobius hate thread! These threads are always my favorite because I take solace in knowing there are more people that feel the same as me!

I personally appreciate the opinion of someone who works professionally in Software Development and understand the Software Development Lifcycle, Agile dev-ops practices, documentation practices, etc. So yeah, it's sorta relevant when we're talking about that exact thing.

Oh yeah, Mobius sucks. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ahh Brachburg. I haven't heard much about that facility. I'm in Indy where we mainly fill. I think that they do R&D at corporate which is at another location. I've never been there either. It's a great place to work!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%

Back