Help new shrimp!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Georb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Georb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
21
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby and this is my new shrimp got him last night but noticed this morning he has a growth on his side. Should I remove him from the tank??
16e54b65426d0063665c4b3f121890c2.jpg
 
The object is hard to see. Not sure what it could be. If I was to guess I would think it was caused by a bad molt. If it does not appear to be coming out of the exoskeleton I would suggest waiting and he should molt within a month or so assuming he's fed well. But this is a guess due to the lack of detail.
 
If you have a quarantine tank you can place him in there for the time being
 
It was an isopod. Took him out this morning and returned him to the LFS. Got a new shrimp with no visible parisite. I didn't feel like performing surgery to remove him
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new