Help please with AI prime 52 HD settings move to BRS ab+

Catmum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly I’m a complete novice - have had the tank up and running for around 3 years and have had many highs and even more lows - even through taking things slowly! I’ve had probably everything go wrong that could do - including a flood and losing most of my coral. So... I’d like to get the lights spot on.

I have a 154 gallon (inc sump) mixed reef with 3 Hydra 52 HDs 20cm off surface. The current light setting is UV, Violet and Blues all at 100%, red, green and white at 0%. I’d like to move to the BRS ab+ but am concerned about the high levels of UV (I’d keep the red and green lower) and whether it would be too much for the corals. I’ve fallen into the trap of reading too much about it and confusing myself. If I do it based on recommendations here, what period of acclimatisation would you recommend?

image.jpg

OP
OP
C

Catmum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add to my post above, I was looking at Leon Tan’s setting as a preset as my tank is a similar size.. thoughts vs BRS AB+?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%

Back