• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Help! Radion XR15 Pro G5 fell in water!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

iiskevinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is the current situation. I purchased a used Radion XR15 Pro G5 from R2R prior use was 6 months which I had no issues with and the lights were perfectly fine. Past Sunday I was adjusting the RMS Mount and the lights fell in the water fully submerged. I had quickly taken them out and dried them but the lights began flashing red and blue and now it doesn't work anymore. I spoke with a tech support guy from EcoTech Marine on Monday and told them of the situation. He mentioned how usually it doesn't qualify for a warranty since it was used and it fell in the water but he will make an exception and send me new lights as a replacement. All I have to do is send the lights back. Now I get an email back from him today saying because the lights were purchased used, it does not fall under the warranty. Only purchased new from a licensed retailer with a valid receipt. The unit will need to be sent in for service to the facility in Pennsylvania. At this time typical turnaround is about 7-14 business days.

Currently my tank is lightless as it was my only light ( Fluval Evo 13.5 bought it used without the stock light it usually comes with). I have corals such as bubblegum digi, frogspawn, zoas, torches, and few acros. I don't have the finance to purchase new lights and was really hoping they would send the replacement they said they would.

OP
OP
iiskevinn

iiskevinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Steve from Customer Support responded back and was able to resolve the issue.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back