Help!Rare diseases! Euphyllia White Bugs

Bo2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed a very rare diseases/bugs that will host on the Euphyllia’s tentacle. Anyone know what is it? How to treatment it? It’s 100% not copepods. I tried using two little fish coral dip, lot of the white bugs came off but it seems endless it will come back few days after.
YouTube
YouTube

04dfff2920290d18395ebb91e89c6045.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve noticed a very rare diseases/bugs that will host on the Euphyllia’s tentacle. Anyone know what is it? How to treatment it? It’s 100% not copepods. I tried using two little fish coral dip, lot of the white bugs came off but it seems endless it will come back few days after.
YouTube
YouTube

04dfff2920290d18395ebb91e89c6045.jpeg
Cant see much in the pic as water is cloudy but could be the grey bugs we often find. If so , this will be a battle as you can sure dip coral however these bugs have likely been laying eggs and reproducing in the tank. For black bugs, there is a antidote with use of Interceptor pills for dog worms crushed into a powder and will wipe out bugs but comes at a slight risk with coral.
Some wrasses such as 6 line and coris wrasse should eat these bugs but if many may not simply keep up

OP
OP
Bo2022

Bo2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant see much in the pic as water is cloudy but could be the grey bugs we often find. If so , this will be a battle as you can sure dip coral however these bugs have likely been laying eggs and reproducing in the tank. For black bugs, there is a antidote with use of Interceptor pills for dog worms crushed into a powder and will wipe out bugs but comes at a slight risk with coral.
Some wrasses such as 6 line and coris wrasse should eat these bugs but if many may not simply keep up
Yes I found answers for the interceptor dewormer too, but none of the post stated on the dosage specification do you happen to know the dosage and what specific meds I need to buy

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes I found answers for the interceptor dewormer too, but none of the post stated on the dosage specification do you happen to know the dosage and what specific meds I need to buy
Do realize interceptor can and will likely kill inverts,( crabs-shrimps-pods) and I therefore recommend removing all inverts OR treat the coral in a separate tank without inverts and will also reduce amount of the interceptor needed.
Treat 3 times a week for 3 weeks at 25mg per 20 gallons of water. Each pill needs to be ground up with a hammer and should treat about 400 gal. Do application initially. About 8 hours later, add another. Then blow the coral GENTLY with a turkey baster and 8 hours later add another dosage. DO NOT repeat until day 7 doing another 3 treaments every 8 hours.
REMOVE CARBON AND TURN OFF ANY UV STERILIZERS AND SKIMMER UNITS.
Each 7 day periods, do a water change and siphon surfaces.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back