Help receiving notifications

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks in advance for any help. I just received a new Apex (2016 version) yesterday, so I’m still very new at this. However, I’ve read the manual and just spent a couple hours trying to research my problem online with no success (don’t beat me up if I obviously missed something).

I’ve entered my email and phone number in the notifications section in Fusion. When I hit “test”, it works perfectly. However, in practice, I’m not receiving alerts to my phone/email. Notifications only work when I turn the email alerts tab off and then back on when on the Fusion home screen.

For example, I drop an optical water level sensor in a cup of water. It is set up that it should send me an alert when the optical sensor is closed (in water). It does not send me an alert unless I manually turn the email alerts tab “off” and then switch it back to “auto”. So when the sensor is under water, I get no alert although the sensor visually switches to “closed” on the fusion main page. When I manually switch the alerts tab off then back on (while the sensor remains underwater) I get email and phone alerts immediately. This is the same for other alerts that I’m in he process of setting up, such as temperature.

What am I missing?

OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an example, in the photo, the email tab is set to “auto” and shows “on” because I have Swx3_4 set to trigger the email/text alarm if it is open. However, I receive no text or email unless I switch the email tab off then back on.

39DEF111-6619-4A9C-B551-D250C4AF087B.png

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attached is how my alerts are setup and triggered.

86E602A8-B812-466B-87EF-C51C1ECC5BBC.png

OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Pelphrey. Much appreciated. I’m stepping out of the dark ages with a Digital Aquatics unit that I’ve been using to control temp and monitor some basics for the last 9 years. So far, the new Apex seems pretty easy to use, but geez, I just can’t get these notifications to come through. I put in a ticket with Apex to see what they have to say. The notifications work off the “test button” and they work when I turn the email alerts tab off then on again, but for the life of me I can’t get the notifications to work automatically without manual intervention.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s mine so far. It’s a work in progress. Mostly want to be notified of ph or temp that goes out of desired ranges, leaks, and fluid levels.

0C3713A9-E834-4341-A47C-A75974A88DF9.png

OP
OP
R

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just tried my test again of dropping a liquid level sensor in a cup of water, and it worked! Got a notification automatically and instantaneously. Maybe it just needs several hours after a new command is entered until it is fully functional/recognized? I’ll keep my ticket with Neptune in just to get an understanding of this situation and how to avoid similar instances in the future.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After placing all info and notification info and saving them i would reboot the system. Sometimes things dont take place till fusion is rebooted.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back