HELP!! Red Bugs on my acros

Circular potato

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang, my friend pointed out to me that I had red bugs on my sps and told me to reach out to a vet to get a prescription of interceptor. However, I don't have a dog and the vet will not write a script for me so I can't seem to get any interceptor!!!

Are there any alternatives or other treatments? Or if anyone is willing to spare some please lmk!!

Thanks everyone for the help! :)

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a few websites that sell.it from Canada and Aus.

If you can't get it locally, that's where most ppl do

Coling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. G's SPS and LPS Coral Dip Solution has the same ingredient in it as interceptor. I treated for red bugs in my display and it worked wonderfully. I couldn't catch my cleaner shrimp though so he was collateral damage, RIP. Highly recommend if you are unable to acquire interceptor.

OP
OP
C

Circular potato

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. G's SPS and LPS Coral Dip Solution has the same ingredient in it as interceptor. I treated for red bugs in my display and it worked wonderfully. I couldn't catch my cleaner shrimp though so he was collateral damage, RIP. Highly recommend if you are unable to acquire interceptor.
Thanks! So you used it in your display tank? What was the dosage and the procedure that you followed?

There you go

Wow that's super awesome!

Coling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed 1 mL of Dr. G's per gallon of tank water. Everything looked happier and I didn't see bugs after the 1st treatment, but I treated the tank two more times just to be sure those devil bugs were gone for good. So three treatments in total one week apart. There are several Reef2Reef threads on Dr. G's and red bugs.

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forget which one I used but if you Google pet meds Canada or something like that a bunch will come up.

It's a very gray market way to get it, so if you're a by the book person you should take print outs of the articles on use for red bugs to a couple of vets to see if they will prescribe.

Basically it's over the counter in Canada and prescription only in the states. BC you know.... It's more dangerous to use at lower latitudes hahahaha.

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed 1 mL of Dr. G's per gallon of tank water. Everything looked happier and I didn't see bugs after the 1st treatment, but I treated the tank two more times just to be sure those devil bugs were gone for good. So three treatments in total one week apart. There are several Reef2Reef threads on Dr. G's and red bugs.

This too. I was actually going to reccomend this and got distracted.

There's was a thread earlier in the yr about the ingredients changing but I don't think anyone has reported that it no longer works.

OP
OP
C

Circular potato

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This too. I was actually going to reccomend this and got distracted.

There's was a thread earlier in the yr about the ingredients changing but I don't think anyone has reported that it no longer works.
Oh I just bought the dr.g's hopefully it is still good to use in the tank even with the ingredient change.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back