HELP! SHOULD I BE WORRIED?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I noticed my duncan covered in these brown slimy stuff and I tried to blow it off not realizing it was brown jelly disease and my coral died and I blew it all over my tank. Is it going to spread? Should I be extremely worried now? Over two years into the hobby and I’ve never experienced this I dip all my corals. I recently changed my lighting though and dosed some reef-roids which I won’t do again and maybe this is why or maybe I’ll change it back but this coral is kind of new and looked great before I woke up to it smothered in bjd.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss. It happens to all of us from time to time. Refocusing on keeping parameters steady and water changes can help. Duncan’s can be inexpensive so finding a new one won’t be hard. Keep your head up

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, maybe not. Keep watch for signs of decline and be ready to intervene if necessary.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just lost a massive Aussie Gold torch to BJD last week and half ago, tried saving but was Toast! Sadly my Duncan that was not far from it is also toast too, but no signs of BJD on it at all. Sucks, because it was at 8 heads and doing great, have no ideas why it took a dump. Other hammers, Torches doing awesome.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just lost a massive Aussie Gold torch to BJD last week and half ago, tried saving but was Toast! Sadly my Duncan that was not far from it is also toast too, but no signs of BJD on it at all. Sucks, because it was at 8 heads and doing great, have no ideas why it took a dump. Other hammers, Torches doing awesome.
Yeah the same thing happened to me glad to hear your corals are doing good. I hope it doesn’t spread. It comes in and strikes fast. It’s a silent killer!:angry-face:

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BJD attacks corals in the tank when there is significant problem with parameters. This causes coral stress and causes their immune systems to fail thus allowing BJD to take hold. Duncans and euphyllia are prone to it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back