HELP! Superman Rhodactis bugging out!

  • Thread starter Thread starter JenK
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JenK

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Messages
172
Reaction score
263
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I'm looking for guidance! I did a bit of rearranging today, but did not move my rhodactis at all. He's been happy and looking great. However, I checked in about 2 hours after placing some other plugs around the tank and he's shriveled up (half his size) and extruding filaments. Not sure if these are mesenterial filaments - I thought those typically came from the mouth?? Is he just upset or is there something else I need to look for? Sorry I couldn't get it to focus any better...

Edited to add: the plugs I placed have been acclimating in a frag rack for near 2 months, so nothing *new* went into the tank...

Parameters:
SG 1.0255
Temp 78
Calc 365 (tank runs 360-380)
Alk 9.1
NO3 2.0
PO4 0.05

Superman 1.jpg
Superman 2.jpg
 
Last edited:
HI,how is he doing now??
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new