Help taking good full tank shots

  • Thread starter Thread starter JGoslee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JGoslee

Moderator
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
3,498
Reaction score
16
Location
Philadelphia, Pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something that I have a lot of problems with. I just can't seem to get a good full tank shot. I can get decent macro pics but the second I back away from the tank all my pics stink! The colors in these pics are terrible. Here's my latest FTS. My camera is a canon xt with the kit lens 18-55mm. I also have the canon 100mm macro lens at my disposal.

Both of these pics were taken with a tripod and a 10 second delay. Also all the pumps were turned off.
fts-1.jpg


fts3.jpg
 
As much as I want to help I too need some help on my FTS :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new