Help to id rock type

Top189h

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been going through some spare rock to start planning to get an old tank running. I found a piece that I really like. It is a fair bit lighter than most of my other pieces and is also much smoother. I have no idea where it came from as I bought a used system years ago and have bought used/spare rock twice also. Does anyone know what this is or where I could get more like it?

20230216_160906.jpg

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been going through some spare rock to start planning to get an old tank running. I found a piece that I really like. It is a fair bit lighter than most of my other pieces and is also much smoother. I have no idea where it came from as I bought a used system years ago and have bought used/spare rock twice also. Does anyone know what this is or where I could get more like it?

20230216_160906.jpg
Some kind of dry rock. I can't remember name. After some time, it will get dark in colour and if u r lucky, can get coralline algae but will take some time to mature

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet would be to just try to backtrack where that particular piece came from (sorry if that's not very helpful)...imo it's not particularly important in the long run though as dry rock is dry rock and will go through the same phases early on...as mentioned above, it'll definitely take some time to mature

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back