Help!! Torch coral skeleton!!!

jermzisurmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2024
Messages
2,737
Reaction score
3,511
Location
Central Brevard
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have noticed the skeleton on this torch coral almost looks like it's being eaten.... I have no idea please help. Does a bug or something do this??
IMG_20250905_105341.jpg
IMG_20250905_105343.jpg
 
Have you seen anything on the torch? Euphyllia eating flatworms are the most common cause of the torch tissue being “eaten” although a hungry bristle worm is a known culprit as well. I would remove it and do it in Coral RX or a similar product and inspect it carefully for pests that may not fall off in the dip.
 
I haven't seen anything on it... If I find nothing after a dip should I try to repair the skeleton??
 
I haven't seen anything on it... If I find nothing after a dip should I try to repair the skeleton??
No you can’t just “repair” the skeleton. What you need to do then is to figure out what else could be wrong. I forgot to ask you, do you see a substance that resembles brown jelly? Brown Jelly Disease is another euphyllia killing monster!
 
No you can’t just “repair” the skeleton. What you need to do then is to figure out what else could be wrong. I forgot to ask you, do you see a substance that resembles brown jelly? Brown Jelly Disease is another euphyllia killing monster!
Thank the lort I do not! Thank u so much for ur quick responses and knowledge. I'm afraid this torch is a goner. I may try to restore it if no sign of getting healthier after the dip.
 
Leave it be , let it heal and buy a wrasse if you don’t already have one
 
No you can’t just “repair” the skeleton. What you need to do then is to figure out what else could be wrong. I forgot to ask you, do you see a substance that resembles brown jelly? Brown Jelly Disease is another euphyllia killing monster!
Thank the lort I do not! Thank u so much for ur quick responses and knowledge. I'm afraid this torch is a goner. I may try to restore it if no sign of getting healthier after the dip.
After the dip it might completely retract. Give it a few days, unless of course it is visibly getting worse, to acclimate and make sure it is in good flow! Torches are tough for a good amount of hobbyists so it can be frustrating!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new