Help!!! Trigger question

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Just brought home a 3 inch niger trigger. He will be moved to my 125 in a week. Right now I have him in an acclimation box in my 70 for the moment until I can move him to that tank. Problem is my 70 has shrimp and other inverts he would eat… I have a 32 biocube with no inverts other than hermits and a pistol shrimp/watchmen goby pair. I also have a tiny cherub angel in there.

This trigger is nuts! He is breaking through the acclimation box in the 70. I dont want to let him loose in that tank, too many inverts for him to kill.

My question is if I put him in the 32 for a week will he hurt my smaller fish? The pistol is hidden well under a rock but I dont what him to kill. But he is seriously about to break out of this box, already tore pieces of it off and is jumping to get out. Will he be okay in the 32 for just a week?

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Just brought home a 3 inch niger trigger. He will be moved to my 125 in a week. Right now I have him in an acclimation box in my 70 for the moment until I can move him to that tank. Problem is my 70 has shrimp and other inverts he would eat… I have a 32 biocube with no inverts other than hermits and a pistol shrimp/watchmen goby pair. I also have a tiny cherub angel in there.

This trigger is nuts! He is breaking through the acclimation box in the 70. I dont want to let him loose in that tank, too many inverts for him to kill.

My question is if I put him in the 32 for a week will he hurt my smaller fish? The pistol is hidden well under a rock but I dont what him to kill. But he is seriously about to break out of this box, already tore pieces of it off and is jumping to get out. Will he be okay in the 32 for just a week?
For a week? Yes. My LFS keeps multiple 3" niger triggers in a 60g for months on end. Also, niger triggers tend to ignore most inverts BUT I wouldn't trust it with cleaner, sexy or harlequin shrimp. I kept a 6" niger with a pistol shrimp and zebra trochus snails with no issues. It really depends on the invert.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a week? Yes. My LFS keeps multiple 3" niger triggers in a 60g for months on end. Also, niger triggers tend to ignore most inverts BUT I wouldn't trust it with cleaner, sexy or harlequin shrimp. I kept a 6" niger with a pistol shrimp and zebra trochus snails with no issues. It really depends on the invert.
Ah okay good to know. Yeah I dont trust him in my 70 cause I have shrimp, crabs and a sea star. But as long as he wont eat my pistol or small fish was my worry

Back