Help Trying to Buy A Skimmer

asmodyus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I trying to but a skimmer that will do a heavy load 120 with 40 gallon sump and try to keep it under 250 if possible I am down to a couple of choices

Bubble Magus
BM-180A Protein Skimmer w/Atman ph4000 130-210gal $205 shipped

ESHOPPS PSK-200 Protein Skimmer w/Sicce Italy Pump PSK-600 150-200g $225 shipped

Or go Oversize and pick up one of these

G-4 Protein Skimmer w/ Sedra 5000 Pump Up to 350 Gallons $250 shipped

Bubble Magus BM-220A Protein Skimmer w/Atman ph4000 260-396gal $274 shipped

Any input would be awesome.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a bit leary about Atman pumps (and the company behind those pumps). I have an SWC skimmer that has an Atman pump. Heres the poop how I understand it. Those pumps are now hard to find and I've heard rumor that they are no longer making these pumps. I've gone out and purchased three to make sure I have backups for my SWC.

The name Atman is also sold under the name of ViaAqua, Atec, and Champion. They are actually made by a Chinese company by the name of Chuangxing Electrical Appliances Co., Ltd. I just think they are no longer making these pumps. Bubble Magus has started to identify other pump manufacturers for their skimmers, but SWC has done nothing. I don't know if that is because of the legal issues with SWC, but I'm a bit ******.

If it were me, I'd stay away from anything Atman until it is clear what is going on with this company.

racin2438

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK to much of the brands
you mentioned...But--Bubble-Magnus

have a Bubble-Magnus Curve 9 on our 150g....and it works amazing. A bit noisy at first for 2-3 weeks but after breaking in it's all quiet now, maintenance is easy on it.

OP
OP
asmodyus

asmodyus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think now I am trying to figure out if I want oversized skimmer and how oversize should I go. Its going to be a fully stocked 120 with a 40 gallon Sump w/refuigium.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back