Help! Vermitid snail predador or control

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am having a vermitide infestation in my tank, they are spreading everywhere, I cannot remove or control them manually. Is there any report of any predator that could be added to control this pest? I thought of a Triggerfish due to its powerful jaws, has anyone managed to control this pest like this?

ReeferTang44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there was a something called bumble bee snails and also have less food in the water column for them to eat I’m not to sure but that’s what info I have come across wish you good luck and keep me updated

Saltwaternoob89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pretty big vermitide infestation. I got some bumblebee snails and they seem to have eliminated a fair amount. Also, i made sure to pay attention not to overfeed and i think that helped as well.

OP
OP
Fábio Cruz

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the collaborations, here in Brazil I have never seen this bumblebee snail, I believe it is not very commercial, except for these cases. I didn't want to have to reset my entire system because of this pest, they even arrived inside the skimmer.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am having a vermitide infestation in my tank, they are spreading everywhere, I cannot remove or control them manually. Is there any report of any predator that could be added to control this pest? I thought of a Triggerfish due to its powerful jaws, has anyone managed to control this pest like this?
Bumble bee snails are awesome and got rid of mine. However from my understanding they wont kill the “mother” snail (biggest) so it continues to re produce (in my most non scientific explanation) as they wont kill out their food source. I did research on this cause I bought a used tank with these little S—- all over!

Raphael Dalmeida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Olá amigo,

Interestingly I have just been researching some snails online and came across these papers on some specific Mancinella snails, said to consume vermetid snails.

I got one in my tank reason why I'm researching it.

Article below:

Good luck, cheers.

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take a look at this thread... also if you can break open the shell, fish will go after them...

XtraKargo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
take a look at this thread... also if you can break open the shell, fish will go after them...

And a video with Vic from WWC on BRS said that if they break them their peppermint shrimp with eat them also.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had them a few times through out the years and still have a few but no longer an infestation. Bumble snails did a good job on a small tank but not in larger tanks. I've found they tend to go away on their own eventually but they can be bothersome to corals until that happens.

OP
OP
Fábio Cruz

Fábio Cruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Olá amigo,

Interestingly I have just been researching some snails online and came across these papers on some specific Mancinella snails, said to consume vermetid snails.

I got one in my tank reason why I'm researching it.

Article below:

Good luck, cheers.
Thx man, Very Nice article!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 8.7%
Back