Help with Algae!

chrisdafish70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, recently since I got a few more fish in my tank I noticed some type of stringy algae that I believe is hair algae, but I am not expert at this.

Can you help my identify it and possible solutions on how to get rid of it? Do I need more cuc?

Thank you!

IMG_5298.jpeg IMG_5283.jpeg IMG_5282.jpeg

Marty Orourke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had bought a Clear Algea Algea scrubber that took about 5-6 moths to rid my 300!gallon tank had a terrible Algea problem. It was more of a slime Algea problem than a hair Algea problem. I was disappointed at first but when I called the Clearwater company about it they had said it took a long time for the problem to accrue and it will take a long time for it to disappear. I am glad I listened to them because my tank is now empty of Algea and I pull out what can fit in a big freezer bag of hair Algea a week out of the scrubber. To me it was worth the wait. Plus, the company that makes the Clearwater Algea scrubber was so helpful he even sent me some of his hair Algea in the mail to seed my scrubber which I thought was above and beyond. Hair Algea is the best Algea to take the pollutants out of the water so eventually it took off in my scrubber and also took the really bad slummy Algea out of my tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back