Help with an Acro ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter pisces4u
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pisces4u

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
85
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help with an acro frag I picked up this week. It has a nearly pure white branch structure with deep purple tips. The mother colony had a lot of yellow, brown, and green I'm guessing from nutrient and lighting issues. I took a clipping of the healthiest branch.
From the branch structure and limited corallites, I'm guessing a deepwater species. Compared to the Pearlberry behind it(and all my other acros), the branches are very thick and smooth.
Any help is appreciated be it a popular name or scientific species!
2UIacro101409.jpg
 
Thanks all, I was back and forth between Granulosa like this one
33-01G.jpg

or Loripes like this one
asr3Acropora-loripes.jpg


Either way, it's one of my favorites for sure. Seems to grow at a decent pace too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new