Help with an ID?

SliceGolfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
1,476
Reaction score
2,280
Location
Washington
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Friends -

I purchased this no name SPS coral about 6 months ago. I decided to frag it as the growth pattern was strange and some weird algae sprouted at the base. Fast forward to now, I have two frags of this, each in a different tank. In one tank, it is green with a hint of red starting. In the other tank, it is green at the base, with the upper half turning red/brown with a green hue at the core. Any ideas what this could be? Happy to grow it out more and see what it turns into. It’s a mystery!

When received - Third coral from front - green and fuzzy
IMG_0246.jpeg


Frag - about 2.5-3 inches
IMG_0247.png
 
Lights shifted into blues so here are some additional pics:

Under blue with orange filter:
IMG_1894.jpeg


Pic of frag in other tank under blue with orange filter:
IMG_1892.jpeg
 
Acropora?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new